Friday, May 24, 2013

A day of firsts

This is my first post on my first blog and us Pinoys just love to celebrate firsts. 

And the most special first I'm going to celebrate is my first virtual paycheck.

I received an email an hour ago, and guess what, it's the confirmation that my first withdrawal with oDesk was a success! Yay!

I know the amount is small but it's better than none at all!

I first learned of oDesk as an alternative work platform from watching Bandila on May 1. I signed up right away, built up my profile and took my oDesk Readiness Test and passed. All that happened in just an hour.

I took more tests the morning after and applied for a job in line of my interest.  The next day, I got a message on my profile from my yet-client asking if was available to talk. He's based in Florida so we have a 12-hour time difference. It was just 9am PST, ergo 9pm his time. I was so excited that I called him up right away. After an hour long conversation, I got hired. 

Thank you, Lord. 




No comments:

Post a Comment